Can I have my Specialist Back?
Medical Professionals who study specific medical conditions are called a “Specialist.” Frequently referring to an expert in their profession or field of study. Having a specialized degree medically allows doctors to focus on the cause, prevention and treatments for isolated diseases and disorders. Specialists are typically referred after the patient’s Primary Care Doctor has exacerbated all other treatment options. Specialists typically have a long waiting list and rarely are covered by basic health insurance plans.
Coming from personal experience, Specialists in the field of sleep and other sleep related issues seem to be hard to find that falls within my Obamacare coverage. I should have known before calling to schedule my appointment that Sleep Specialist would be on high demand. Scheduling the appointment for 8 months in advance, gave me thoughts of miserable sleepless nights. I consulted my primary care physician for 7 more months in 2013, in hopes to find a treatment for my chronic insomnia as I waited to see a specialist.
Luckily at the time, I had insurance through my work. For a small business with under 20 employees, my boss was stuck at a rock and a hard place. With health care reform being addressed head on by The President of the United States. Barack Obama constructed legislation known as “The Affordable Care Act” in the beginning of 2014. As a result my insurance was switched and suddenly my chronic insomnia seemed to intensify.
Health care reform now required all Americans to obtain government-approved, private health insurance or else pay a tax penalty. Medical insurance controlled by the government is being criticized as unconstitutional and some states are opting out of participating in the reform. Over 2 million Americans now have affordable health care.
QUESTIONS STILL REMAIN IN MY THOUGHTS ⇒⇒
Was the increase in enrollment somehow a form of “Political Bullying?”
Are American’s rushing to meet healthcare deadlines just to dodge a tax bullet? and
Are Americans utilizing the Affordable Care Act and all its available health programs?
Such as preventative care to include blood tests, routine check ups and services related to behavioral and mental health.
References and Links to more Information Click Below
this insomnia is not attributable to any other medical, psychiatric or environmental cause.
this insomnia is in conjunction with another medical condition or psychiatric disorder.
this insomnia is a combination of 2 or more other medical, psychiatric and environmental changes.
Habits for Better Sleep
- Keep a regular bedtime
- Keep a regular time to get up in the morning
- Spend no more than 8 hours in your bed
- Set the alarm to get up at the same time every day, even on weekends
- Do not look at the time at night or have chiming clocks
- Keep window shades open to get morning outside light
- Exercise at least 3 times a week
- Make the bedroom the best place and the only place you sleep
- No TV, music, radio, video games, telephone calls, and electronic devices.
- No arguing or working
- As dark as you can make it with natural light for in the morning
- Avoid bright lights when getting up at night
- Keep it as quiet as you can make it
- Avoid excessive fluids before bedtime
- Do not stay in bed more than 20 minutes if you can not sleep
- If you get up at night due to the inability to sleep, do something relaxing.
- No napping through the day
- Have 30 minutes or more to wind down before going to bed
- Before winding down write down your worries and possible solutions and the next day’s plans
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol within 6 hours of bedtime
- Avoid exercise within 3 hours of bedtime
- Learn relaxation techniques
2:28 A.M. Monday Night
23 Hours Awake
The Noise of Insomnia
I somehow hear, randomly the sound of footsteps heading from the kitchen into living room echoing in the dark early morning quietness. This was no strange occurrence for me to hear. The night seemed to have a constant hummm that staggered in the air like a fog. The invisible fog inside the house even had a slight sound. Like a static buzz from a disconnected black and white T.V. left on in a damp muffled basement.
Stories from “Lucid Dreamers” spill into my mind. The same string of thoughts producing a 1970’s inspired setting. As visions play out in my head of hippies dancing in mud. A documentary on “The Spiritually In-Tune”, I thought. A spiritual practice, with abilities to see luminous radiation around all living things. A living thing sends energy radiating at different levels of emotion into the world. A Cosmo of bouncing frequencies colliding into each other in mid-air.
I sat still but could almost see the buzzing hums of a traveling Aura. Air in the room seemed to contain a greyish shadow as it dipped across my weary eyes. Hues of a faint lavender transparently disappeared in less than a second. The swirling energy seemed to force gusts of wind into my eye sockets causing pressure.
“The night like many before, swallowed me as if I were a setting sun.”-JINX SHADYLANE-