Starting at the top.
1. You’re already using 100% of your brain. The idea that humans only use 10% of their brain capacity is a myth made popular by hucksters and movies.
From the TED-Ed Lesson What percentage of your brain do you use?
2. You cry three types of tears: basal, reflex and emotional tears. As far as scientists can tell, humans are the only species that cry for emotional reasons.
From the TED-Ed Lesson Why do we cry? The three types of tears.
3. When you overeat sugary foods, you crave more of them. That’s because an overload of sugar spikes dopamine levels and leaves you wanting more.
From the TED-Ed Lesson How sugar affects the brain.
4. Whether you’re left-handed or right-handed, you were born that way. Today, about one-tenth of the world’s population is left-handed.
From the TED-Ed Lesson Why are some people left-handed?
5. Sitting for a long time is bad for your health. That’s because the human body is built for movement. Take a deep breath, stand up and stretch!
From the TED-Ed Lesson Why sitting is bad for you.