embodiment femininity, love and the joy of motherhood, Goddess of the Underworld, and of music, dance, foreign lands and fertility(helped women in childbirth)
Also Known as: “Lady of the House of Jubilation”, “Mistress of the West”
the patron goddess of miners
- She is sometimes identified as the mother, sister, or wife of Ra.
- She wears a crown of serpents.
- She turns the Nile red when she bathes in anger.
- Hathor is represented by the cow, and is typically portrayed with a pair of horns on her head, as well as a solar disc.
- She wears a neckless of two feathers along with a menat.
- She welcomes the female dead in to the next life