Last year around this time I wrote a list of 10 things that being an artist taught me in 2013, and many of those things ring so true today too. Things like, “Your fingers can create more than you think they can” and “A creative community is incredibly beautiful and worth cultivating…”
This year, I feel like I’m building on these things and adding a few more to the list as well.
- Ask for the things you would like. Dreams require a little boldness and a lot of follow through.
- Practice the habits that help your creativity.
- When you feel trapped by the expectations that are put on your work (by yourself or others) change it up – pronto.
- Rest. Creativity has a hard time working in a tired mind.
- The first thing you have to do is pick up the brush. Then, make as many mistakes…
View original post 104 more words